Mercury Rising Triathlon: Mighty Kids
Free Triathlon Rodeo:
Come join Mercury Rising Triathlon’s FREE Triathlon Rodeo to kick start our newest age group of the club, the Mercury Rising’s Mighty Kids triathlon team. Join us for an hour of triathlon-themed fun and games. Slip, slide, and swim your way to the bike, test your bike skills with an obstacle course, and run your way to the fun-filled ending.
Don’t forget to bring a swimsuit, bike and helmet, and running shoes. Most importantly, don’t forget your enthusiasm and energy. Rain or shine!
Program runs Sunday July 2nd - Thursday August 24th for a total of 8 weeks.
Focus of the program will be on developing physical literacy, foundation of skills essential for triathlon (e.g., open water swim skills, bike handling skills, transition practice etc.), and most importantly, having fun while learning about triathlon and being active with friends.
- running shoes (please no sandals or bare feet!)
- goggles (any swim goggles will work)
- swim cap (or long hair tied back)
- bike (working condition, training wheels acceptable)
- helmet (an absolute must!)
- bathing suit and clothes comfortable for cycling and running
- great attitude and lots of enthusiasm ☺
Mighty Minis (age 6-10)
- Sunday 3:30-4:30pm: Swim focus (location will vary between open water and Crystal pool)
- Thursday 4:15-5:00: Run/Bike focus (Lochside school)
- Wednesday 6-7pm: weekly Splash n’ Dash at Hamsterly Beach. Open to the public (parents included!). FREE for Mercury Rising Mighty Minis
- Sunday 3:30-4:30pm: Swim focus practice (location will vary between open water and Crystal pool)
- 5:15-6:30: Run/Bike focus (Lochside school)
- Wednesday 6-7pm: weekly Splash n’ Dash at Hamsterly Beach. Open to the public (parents included!). FREE for Mercury Rising Mighty Kids
Head Coach - Breanne Drouin
Breanne is thrilled to be coaching the MRT Mighty Kids Triathlon Program and is looking forward to bringing her athletic experiences and academic background to the MRT coaching family. With an undergraduate degree in physical education, a teaching degree for physical and health education, and a graduate degree in sport and exercise psychology, Breanne has developed an innovative and unique triathlon experience for children and youth that is focused on developing skills, having fun, and improving physical literacy. Combined with her diverse athletic background (ranging from elite youth ballet, varsity swimming, and almost a decade of racing triathlon) and her love of coaching children and youth, she is excited to launch this new program through Mercury Rising Triathlon.
Support coaching from our amazing group of MRT coaching staff.
2x/week for 8 weeks + FREE Splash n Dash for $160.00.
For any questions and/or registration information please email: email@example.com
There are a variety of funding opportunities for youth sports that parents/caregivers can access to help with costs associated. If finances are a barrier to participation for your child/children, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss some of the opportunities that exist.